Updated: Jun 19
Events can connect people, inspire us, promote ideas, educate, and help us celebrate.
However, sometimes events are organised as if our planet’s resources are infinite, which alas they are not.
For example, did you know that attendees of one conference travelled almost twice the distance between the Earth and the Sun? (1)
Or that the average conference delegate produces 1.89 kg of waste per day, the majority of which (1.16 kg) goes to landfill?
We believe there is a better way!
Event organisers have a lot of influence over budgets, choice of suppliers and the attention of their guests.
This training focuses on the big picture – how each aspect of an event affects climate and biodiversity and how event organisers can make a difference.
In 90-minutes we cover:
1. What is climate change, why it is happening and who it affects
2. Biodiversity: how event organisers can protect the natural world
3. The principles of event sustainability
4. Wider sustainability goals, events, and climate action
At the end of the course you will feel more informed and empowered, or you can have your money back!
Price per session (delivered via Zoom):
£85 per person
£49 per person for charities and all other not-for-profits
We love working 1:1 and with teams. E-mail email@example.com or click 'Let's chat' below to book your session at a time convenient for you.
You can also join one of our upcoming training sessions via Eventbrite here.
(1) ‘Reducing the carbon footprint of academic travel post COVID-19’, Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford, 2020